Friday, April 20, 2007

Concert Calls


I got a call earlier tonight from my best friend Loui. He and his wife were at the Billy Joel concert at the Air Canada Centre.

Loui has always called me whenever he has been in attendance at a concert, and either let's me listen in on a song live, or leaves me a voice mail with the live audio of a favourite song.

It always touches me, and has moved me to tears on many an occasion. Ok, ok, I know, me being moved to tears is a fairly regular occurrence. Music is one of those things that has always been very close to my heart, and I often connect to my feelings through the lyrics of a song. I always have.

What touches me about Loui's calls is that he thinks of me. In the middle of a concert, he thinks of me, and calls to share the mood and energy of the event. The ironic thing, is that I get exactly that, the ENERGY. As I listen to the live performance, the likes of Jann Arden, Elton John, Billy Joel. I not only get the energy of the song, but the energy of the packed auditorium seems to come through as well.

I hope to attend many more concerts with you in person Loui, but keep the calls coming in my absence.

It touches me more than I can say~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary and I know how much you love music and certain musicians in particular. Great memories of Bette Midler in Toronto and Tina Turner in Ottawa. We have shared many a conversations over good food and good music. To our dearest of friends, those concert calls come from the heart!
Loui

Darran Frisby said...

Awe...xoxox