Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jay Brannan

Ok, so yes I have a crush........

His name is Jay Brannan. I saw him in the film 'Shortbus' and fell in love, not only with him, but his music.

Last Thursday, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting him, and watching him perform at the Supermarket in Kensington Market.

His music is a folky blend of darkness and light, with a resonant sadness and dis-enchantment with the mainstream franchise of life, religion, relationship etc. I was impressed by how amazing he sounded live, even better than he sounds recorded, which is a real testimony to his talent.

I still don't understand why a record company has not snatched him up? In a world of no talent pop stars, they let a true singer/song writer fall through the cracks. But alas, not much makes sense in the world today I find.

Aside from being easy on the eyes, he has a warm and inquisitive coyness about him. Quite lovely all around......watch for him, he's not going to disappear!

Great show in Toronto Jay! when are you coming back? xo

No comments: