Saturday, August 02, 2008

What a week!

So, yeah, this has been a really great week. Actually things in general have been really great for me. I am LOVING my new condo, and so happy to be in my own place. I am out quite a lot, but when I am home, I am constantly aware of how much 'at home' I truly feel. I had a little condo warming party last Saturday, and the evening is a great memory, that brought a lot of great energy to my space.

I was pursuing a promotion at work, that was confirmed this week. I am now a Home and Auto Account Manager, supporting our Group portfolio at RBC. The promotion means I move up a pay band (more $), I get 4 weeks vacation, a laptop, and my base bonus doubles. More importantly, I have a new job that is exciting, challenging, has travel opportunities and a lot of growth potential. I couldn't be more pleased!!!

My dear friend Susan gave birth to a bouncing baby girl on Wednesday July 30th at 11:16am. Ainsley Grace Innis weighed in at a healthy 9lbs 2oz., both Susan and Ainsley are doing well, and are glad to be home from the hospital. All the very best to both Susan and Lance!

I heard somewhere once, that life happens in 7 year cycles. It's funny, because I 'came out' on July 25th, 7 years ago this year. The past 7 years have been eventful to say the least. I lost 215lbs, divorced, 'came out', and started a new career. Wow, it was a whole lot, and at times, quite honestly it was bloody overwhelming. I struggled at times, with darkness that I thought would never go away. I think I felt that I should 'be' at certain places with in my life, that I was not, and was hard on myself for the shortfalls.

Today I can honestly say that I am basking in light! Most of those gaps have been closed and as I approach my 40th birthday, feel a greater sense of alignment (placement in my life), and greater sense of who I am. I have many many blessings in my life!

I wonder what the next 7 years hold for me??? Things could get very interesting!

Although the last 7 years were a struggle at times, I wouldn't change a single day. I am, and always was, EXACTLY where I was suppose to be!

Cheers Universe! and Thanks~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job, and also your new car Darran. You deserve only the best and we know that the next seven years will be really exciting. The sky is the limit. Love Mum and Dad