Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tracey

My sister Tracey and I were sitting on a patio last Thursday night, the evening was organized for our cousin Kelly's wedding rehearsal dinner. We had gone for dinner and then met for drinks at a lakeside restaurant in Burlington. As we were talking I shared some thoughts with her on how much I love her, and that I am proud of her, for all of her accomplishments, and just for who she is!

Tracey is 2 years and 8 months younger than me, and yet in many ways her wisdom supersedes my own. The title of my blog is "Authentic One", it's something that I strive for within myself. The ability to be 'authentic' within the universe, and feeling aligned. I have always said that Tracey is my benchmark for 'authenticity'.

People who know the two of us often comment on how different we are, and yet in many ways we are 'one'. Shared hurts and emotion connect us in a way that no one else can know. It's funny how two people who 'appear' so different, can be so bonded and connected. I guess it's the dynamic of 'siblings'?

My sister is a straight shooter, what you see is what you get. She is who she is, and is not out to impress anyone. I could take a 'leaf from her book' on that one.

When we were teenagers, again we were very different, and yet were close. We could always talk and would connect spiritually, we understood each other. Over the years we have had our ups and downs, but we are in a really good place now, one that I know cannot be compromised. It feels good to have her in my life, I always know that no matter what, I have my sister by my side. (wow, I'm 'tearing' up now)

I hope that my kids are as connected as Tracey and I are. I always tell my children, always 'have each others backs'. No matter who comes in and out of your
life, your brother/sister will always be a constant.

Tracey....Thank you for all you are!!! I love you, and always 'have your back'.....xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanx Bro!!!
I love you with all of my heart and I promise.... I will want to kill you for all of these sensitive blogs ...when you are in love!!!!!
They won't be the same...
Soon,Love your back,
Tray
P.s Mum is screaming don't shorten one's name!!! Love you tons!Thx 4 the blog I feel very special!!