Monday, November 20, 2006

Process Coaching


This weekend past, I attended the 'Process' coaching course with The Coaches Training Institute.

The participants are like family now, and the bonds that have been formed are ones that could potentially last a lifetime. The weekend was an emotional roller coaster, as always, but the learning is powerful and has a profound impact on not only myself, but my fellow participants.

The premise of 'Process' coaching involves two main components. The first being "Down the Tube", the second being "Up the Tube".

We did an exercise, where we had to identify something that we cannot 'be' with. What came up for me is 'Disrespect'. Once you identify what it is you can't 'be' with in your life, it invariably represents a much larger issue for you, and as it resonates, you end up being with some pretty intense issues and the emotions that surround them. As these things surface within you, the only thing to do is be with them FULLY. What we 'resist', 'persists' and although emotionally charged, a great catharsis in the long run. As I am sure you have already realised, this is "Down the Tube".

The opposing direction is "Up the Tube" and identifies your individual 'strengths', and 'qualities'. This is a much more positive exercise, and celebrates the individual being coached. Potential and goals are created, and possibilities are revealed. It really leaves you on a high.

My heartfelt thanks to all the participants who make it safe to be vulnerable and for their willingness to truly share all of themselves. It's truly Magic!

Caroline, Lorry and Barb.....your leadership inspires me, and If I am half the coach that all of you are, I will be more successful that I could ever imagine.

Love you all..........NAMASTE!

No comments: