Thursday, May 25, 2006

Foggy London


I find myself strangely comforted by "grey" overcast days. It's the end of May and everyone around me is celebrating the approach of the sunny hot weather. I always attribute my affinity for the cloudy days to being born and raised for the first 6 years of my life in England.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sunny days, and catching some rays, but those days don't generate as many inner feelings and associations for me.

There is a romantic allure to the 'overcast' days for me. It speaks of stealing away with a loved one, and staying under the covers all day with a fire and wine in the backdrop. An element of mystery....as if the Universe is brooding or pensive about something.

Add a thunderstorm and rain and I'm even happier. I find the tumultuousness of a good thunder storm invigorating. The phrase "Something wicked this way comes" always comes to mind, and I relish every moment. There is no greater pleasure than drifting off to sleep at night, listening to the sound of rain falling outside my bedroom window.

As I enter summer, I secretly look forward to the cool evenings, and blustery days of autumn. I know.....I'm a bit odd......

Still, the hot sunny days will come, and I will enjoy! So here's to a good tan, and drinks on the patio this summer.....Cheers!

No comments: