Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas Eve the kids and I drove into Toronto around 9:00am. We had prepared 10 'Care' packages for the homeless, consisting of a Brown bag lunch, a pair of gloves and a wool hat. If you recall in my previous post, when we went ice skating at Nathan Phillips Square, the kids saw some homeless people huddled along Bay Street and were quite affected by what they saw.

I decided that it would be a great lesson, and gift, to do something this Christmas to 'give back'. We have so many blessings in our lives to be grateful for, and I wanted my kids to be truly present to what this 'season' is really about....'Giving'.

I have to say, that I have never received a greater gift personally. The feeling I got in the 'giving' was the greatest gift I ever recall 'receiving'. "Thank You"

After the Care Package distribution we saw 'Disney on Ice' at the Rogers Centre. It was a lot of fun and the kids and I had a great time. We went to an open house at a family friends with my sister in the evening, and enjoyed a great evening of Christmas cheer. On the way home we drove by a house that had been decorated for the holidays. It was one of those houses that you see on the news that creates traffic jams. People were gathered in front of the home and enjoyed the 'lights' display. It was really great to see!

Christmas morning Jo Anne came over early before the kids woke up, so we could all be together. The kids, Jo, my parents, sister, and myself, all enjoyed a great Christmas breakfast, and then headed to my Aunt and Uncles for Christmas dinner. During dinner my Uncle Michael announced that my cousin Kelly and her husband Steve are expecting their first baby, due in July 2007. Exciting news for sure!!!

Boxing day was relaxing, and quiet. Most of the family headed back to my Aunt and Uncle's home for dinner and games etc. Being of British decent, Boxing Day is an important part of Christmas, and a celebration unto itself. We play games, and enjoy the day as a family. It was such a busy time this year, I decided to stay close to home on Boxing Day, and just relaxed. It was just what I needed.

We all had a great Christmas, received and gave many great gifts, ate and drank too much, and just enjoyed all being together.

Merry Christmas to all my dear friends and family!!!!.......Tis' the Season~

No comments: