Monday, June 19, 2006

Hamilton Pride 2006

Hamilton hosted Pride 2006 this past weekend. It proved to be an amazing time. My weekend started Friday night at a house party, and then spilled over to Clubbing on the Friday and Saturday nights. I met two great new friends on the Friday night, Laura and Sandro. It's funny how 'connections' can happen in an instant, and a friendship is quickly established. Also met a 'cutie' named Darryl, who was so much fun.

The energy at the Saturday night Pride party was awesome. My friend Gene performed in drag and was the best performance of the night in my opinion.
I don't venture out into Hamilton very often, I tend to go out more in Toronto, however after this weekend, I am going to revisit that.

Living in Burlington, it's much closer, and I met a lot more local people. It's great to have a network of friends so much closer to home.

Thanks Gene, Olisa and Don. It may have been the 5th annual G.O.D party, but it was my first. I had a really great time. I look forward to seeing you all in Toronto next weekend for your Pride Party!!!

No comments: