Friday, June 16, 2006

My Girl Mariah


Mariah Carey is coming to town on Sunday August 13/06 and I have two tickets!

Being a gay man, it is expected that I have a 'shrine' dedicated to Madonna somewhere in my home, however this man does not. It's an admission that could have my "gay" card revoked permanently. Being the gamblin' man that I am, I like to live on the edge. Mariah is my girl of choice. There I said it!

Mariah is a songstress. She not only has a voice that can manipulate a song, but she really appears to sing from the heart. She writes most of her own material, in addition to collaborating with others.

I think the thing that I personally relate to about Mariah, is that she's struggled over the years with relationships, and life in general. She's 'cracked' under the strain of 'fame and fortune' and just seems 'real' in spite of the 'Bubble Gum', 'Butterfly', 'Boobies' and 'Booty' persona. I like that she's publicly exposed her vulnerability and admitted when things have been difficult. More power I say!

So, think of me on August 13/06. I'll be hookin' it up with Mimi.....

I came to have a party
Open off the Bacardi
Feeling so hot tamale
Boy, I know you watchin' me
So what's it gonna be
Purple taking me higher
I'm lifted and I like it
Boy, you got me inspired
Baby, come and get it
If you're really feeling me

No comments: