Friday, July 21, 2006

Click

Tonight I went to see the movie 'Click' starring Adam Sandler. My exposure to Adam Sandler has typically been in movies like 'The Wedding Singer', 'Happy Gilmore' and the like. As a result I was not what you would call an Adam Sadler fan.

I went into the movie braced for Adam Sandler being the same character he always seems to play, which in my mind is 'Adam Sandler'. Boy was I wrong. 'Click' is actually a really lovely movie. The premise being, the lead character (Sandler) the workaholic, becomes frustrated with trying to prioritize his family life with that of his bosses work expectations.

The solution is a 'universal' remote, which Sandler quickly discovers, can 'control' his universe.

The ability to 'fast' forward through fights with his wife, and boring family dinners, quickly escalates into jumping ahead a whole year to see his vision of 'making partner' at his firm become a reality.

What Sandler soon realizes is that his new found gadget has a price. One that sees him missing his children growing up, his marriage falling apart, and ultimately the loss of all that he holds dear.

I was not expecting to need Kleenex, but suffice it so say that a whole box could have been used by the movies end.

If you have a chance, try and catch this little gem, you won't be disappointed. It may even put some things into perspective for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Job on spoiling the movie on me Ebert. No sence on wasting 12 bucks now. Why don't you keep your damn opions to yourself and stop cluttering up the internet with this useless garbage. By the way,you come across very gay. by chance r u ???? Want to go see it again, tonight. Love your new secret admire. Love kev LMAO

Darran Frisby said...

Kevin,
Embrace our Brokeback moments, you know you want to. I thought of you at Costco the other day, and our bed purchase ;) I bought you a pair of capris while I was there, I'll give them to you when I see you~
Darran xoxox