Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Learning

This past weekend I attended the first of a series of training intensives. Two leaders, two assistants, and 22 participants from all walks of life. The three days were to learn about "The Coaches Training Intitutes" co-active coaching techniques, however all in attendance will attest to receiving much, much more.

After the first day's apprehension wore off, the group quickly connected and new bonds were being created. I was really present to my initial 'judgments' and 'pre-determined' assessments of who each participant was, and how they all faded away as the true uniqueness and individuality of each spirit was revealed.

The learning on how to be an effective "Life Coach" felt like a back drop to me, for some profound personal discoveries. Owning how I function with people, and what compensatory behaviors and 'walls' I have incorporated into who I am were made evident and challenged. Not the most comfortable experience, but I know that there is learning in the 'discomfort'. People who know me, know that I like nice things and to be 'comfortable'. I am making it a point now, to put myself in as many 'uncomfortable' situations as I possibly can. I embrace the change.

As I continue my learning, I look forward to new discoveries and new connections. I am ever grateful for the gift that I received this past weekend, in my new friends, and revelations. Heart felt thanks again to Signy, Lorry, and the entire group. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!! ~NAMASTE~

1 comment:

Signy said...

Don't know that I have ever heard the thoughts and feelings from the "other side" since I have started leading. I forgot about the apprehension, since from where I am sitting I know what greats things we have in store for you. It is great to be reminded. In leadership we talk about meeting people where they are, I guess this is a great example of that.

Take care!!!