Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fulfillment Coaching


This weekend I attended the "Fulfillment" course with The Coaches Training Institute.

I entered the weekend knowing that it would be intense, from both a "learning how to coach" perspective, but also from a place of great personal learning for me...about 'me'....

For reasons I am still 'being' with, I was not full engaged in the weekend. I was there, received great learning on all fronts, but was in a place of resistance. I'm not making myself wrong for the 'feelings', but am interested in being with them, and fully understanding them.

Entering into the weekend, I was feeling pretty peaceful within myself. I know that these 'training' courses are like emotional Tsunami's for me, so I think I was partly resentful that my 'harmony' was going to be disrupted....(I'm smiling as I type this, because the disruption, was not only welcomed by my spirit, but designed perfectly by the Universe).

This weekend was also a 'kids' weekend for me, and I think I was struggling with an element of guilt for my absence. I know my kids were well taken care of, but I think there was something at play there for me non the less.

One of the things that I found most profound was an exercise in which I 'connected' with my 'Future Self'. When we take time to visualize our future selves, we attach the most important 'values' and 'needs' to them, and the details and trappings of what's in our heads today seems to fall away and hold less of a place of importance.

As I live today, I have the image, identity, even a 'name' of my future self in mind. It leaves me with a sense of 'peace' knowing that I will reach my destination to that 'self'. I think that the space between the 'me' of today, and my 'future self' will now be filled with more aligned decisions and comfort.

My friend Mariana and I have often said that being unemployed leaves a person filled with panic and angst. Yet if that person knew they would get a job in their not too distant future, it would free them up in the 'now', and allow them to enjoy the time in between today and them getting that job in the future.

Similarly, my space can now be filled with more peace, as I feel that I can actually enjoy the times ahead of me. It feels less filled with panic and angst, as I know with every fiber of my being that I will reach my destination. All the things that I want for myself will come to fruition.

Thanks to Deborah, Steven, and Barbara. Great leadership! And thanks to all the participants in attendance with me. Love and peace to you all! NAMASTE

No comments: